Monday, September 6, 2010

First Progress Report on The Plan

Here's my progress to date on the four projects I picked to work on.


Photos:
I purchased all the photos from 1998 - 2000, and sorted all but a handful of the 1998s into their correct month.  I'm working backwards for the page layouts, starting with the end of 2000.  I made it from Christmas that year all the way back to late September when we took the trip to Yellowstone.  I'm not really sure why I chose to work backwards for this one; I guess I wanted to make sure I ended on a two page spread.

I'll continue creating layouts through this week, and into the weekend when Val has her workshop.  With any luck I'll know if I need a second coverset by Saturday.

Chair Seat:
I took the daughter with me to Jane's on Wednesday and got about two hours of solid hooking in.  This time I hooked in more than I pulled out.  Yeah me!  Jane won't have a workshop this week, so I suspect I won't make much progress on the chair seat until week after next.  The plan will be to pick it up then.  Anything else is just icing.

Knitting:
I've made some good progress here, if slower than I would like.  I took the knitting to Jessica's doctor's appointments this week, that's the allergist, the dentist, and the orthodontist, and knit at the pool at the Grand Californian.  I'm guessing I've done in the neighborhood of 1.5 inches,

Bee Welcome Applique:
This has the advantage of being a quick project if you work on it steadily.  I haven't been, so getting it done has dragged out quite a bit.  On the other hand, it is a fun project to do, so it isn't hard to pick it up for a bit to get it going.  I worked on it on our first evening at the Grand Californian.  I've gotten to the monk's cording and the bees, I think I will assemble the bees before doing the cording.


No comments: